July 06, 2006

10 favorite everyday desserts

I admit I'm an addict when it comes to sweets. Those who know me knows for a fact that I love chocolates. Everyday, I make sure I have my daily dose of anything sweet. Here's a list of my top 10 favorite after-eating sweets, not arranged in any particular order. This list doesn't include chocolates and takes into consideration the accessibility (near the house) and the affordability (relatively cheap) of the dessert.

1. Cookie Monster (Bethel's Cafe Felomina)

- We always take our snacks here, where the it's always cold. Everyone in the family loves their Halo-halo, but that's just not my type. I love their cookie monster cake. There's something about the icing that's really delicious.

2. Concorde Cake (Sans Rival)

3. Brazos de Mercedes (Sans Rival)

- Back when I was a kid, this was my ultimate favorite. I still love it now, but not as much as I did before.

4. Sans Rival (Sans Rival)

5. Cookie Monster (Cafe Antonio)

- It so happened that the one who bakes this is my college classmate's mom. Back then, we used to hang out at their place, so we got them for free then.

6. Oatikins (Tsokolat)

- I'm not sure of the spelling but one thing's for sure. This is really good.

7. Leche Flan (Jo's Inato)

- It's not really the best I've tasted, but since it's just a stone throw's away, it has to be a favorite.

8. Silvanas (Sans Rival)

9. Cookies & Cream Polvoron (Goldilocks)

10. Mocha Java/Freeze (Scoobys)

- I'm not really sure if this could be considered a "dessert", but the bottomline is, I have it after lunch, since Scooby's is quite near.

Labels: ,