July 20, 2007

Pure Inspiration


Gary Valenciano's "Pure Inspiration" concert at the Macias Sports Complex was by far the most entertaining one I've experienced in Dumaguete. While I also enjoyed the previous successful performances of MYMP at Barefoot and Kitchie Nadal also at Macias, they somehow paled in comparison to Gary V.'s performance. No wonder why he's known as Mr. Pure Energy.

The good thing about the concert was that it was enjoyable for everyone - regardless of age and background. The selection was a mix of soothing gospel songs, fast-paced pop-rock songs, and the very familiar tagalog songs (most of which became even popular due to recent movies and teleseryes).

He was multi-talented - singing, dancing, and in a way, preaching. Thus, it would seem that I was not only attending a concert, but also a Christian sermon. Everyone in the audience were fully entertained and were standing most of the time, singing and dancing with him.

Among the songs he performed which I enjoyed were: Take me out of the dark, How did you know, Warrior is a child, Lead me Lord, Sana maulit muli, Natutulog ba ang Diyos?, and his own version of Anak.

The bottom line is I would not think twice in watching his concert again. It was really a 'pure inspiration.'


Labels: , , ,